How to install composer on cPanel server- Locally – inside the user’s directory?
Composer is as tool which is used to manage the dependencies between the PHP softwares and required libraries for PHP. It will allow you to declare the standard libraries in PHP.
Though it’s not package manager like ‘Yum’ but it deals with packages or libraries.
1. PHP 5.3.2+
2. To install packages from sources instead of simple zip archives, you will need git, svn, fossil or hg depending on how the package is version-controlled.
3. Windows, Linux or OSX server.
Installation on Linux server (Locally – inside the user’s home folder or where ever they specify)
1. Download the Composer executable for you using the command –
2. Run the following command inside the user’s home folder or where ever they specify via SSH –
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
3. Make sure the file is set to be owned by that user, by running this command-
chown username:username composer.phar; chown username:username error_log
4. Composer is a PHP binary, so it needs to be like – php composer.phar OR ./composer.phar
You can install composer to a specific directory by using the –install-dir option and providing a target directory. Options must be appended to — so that PHP ignores them, like — –install-dir=bin.
Example : php composer-setup.php –install-dir=bin
You can specify the filename (default: composer.phar) using the –filename option.
Example : php composer-setup.php –filename=composer–version
You can install composer to a specific release by using the –version option and providing a target release.
Example : php composer-setup.php –version=1.0.0-alpha8
Let me know if you’ve any questions.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution