How to resolve the issue of WordPress site which downloads PHP files instead of parsing after cPanel migration?
After migrating the WordPress site on the cPanel server, the website was not loading, it was downloading the index.php file.
1) Check permission of files/folders.
2) Increase memory_limit to something higher value (128MB should be enough).
3) Try to repair database through cPanel > MySQL Databases page.
4) Comment a php declaration inside of the .htaccess file.
5) Check error_log file for errors which is present in document root (e.g. /home/$username/public_html/).
6) Try to disable every single plugin/module for your WordPress website.
7) Check for any additional .htaccess file at the /home directory for PHP declaration something below then please remove or comment it. :-
# Use PHP55 as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution